About the Environmental Design Course
The degree course of the Environmental Design specialty is provided at the first (Bachelor of Environmental Design) and Second (Master of Environmental Design) levels of higher education. The degree in Environmental Design at the International European University in Poland teaches students how to connect people, nature, and the architectural world. Students discover how to create healthy and sustainable communities with attention to social justice and economic vitality. The interdisciplinary curriculum of the International European University, Poland Environmental Design program explores numerous design theories and practices, teaching students to integrate scholarship, evidence-based practice, and experiential learning into their practice of shaping the environment. The Environmental Design course covers a range of topics related to the built environment and its relationship with the natural environment.
The goal of the Environmental Design course is to provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to design and plan sustainable built environments that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Environmental Design is a flexible multi-disciplinary degree from the International European University, Poland involving the design and planning of natural and constructed environments. It promotes synergy between objects and settings, built form, and landscape across a range of scales, climates, and cultures. Incorporating architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, and environmental planning, it includes the analysis, conception, and representation of places, objects, and policies as they shape environments. The Environmental Design program offers elective courses in specialized areas of study, such as green infrastructure, ecological restoration, or environmental psychology.
Name of the specialty – Environmental Design;
Level of Higher Education – First (Bachelor of Environmental Design) and Second (Master of Environmental Design) level;
The list of specializations and educational programs — Sustainable Design, Green Building Design, Energy Efficient Design, Climate Responsive Design, Universal Design, Acoustics, and Lighting Design;
The total amount of credits from the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System — 240 credits;
The duration of studying – 4 years of full-time studying (Bachelor of Environmental Design) and 2 years of full-time studying (Master of Environmental Design).
Environmental Design is a growing field involving designing sustainable indoor and outdoor spaces. Earning an Environmental Design degree in IEU, Poland can equip graduates to work in careers like architecture and urban planning. The Environmental Design program at the IEU, Poland combines both theoretical and practical methods of studying environmental design useful for remembering new information and consolidating students’ skills. Students use modern information resources and have access to a digital library, electronic sources, and all necessary multimedia. The Environmental Design program at the International European University, Poland requires students to take a set of core courses with a broad foundation in the field. It includes courses in sustainable design, building, and site design, urban planning, environmental policy and regulations, and research and analysis.
IEU, Poland students use one of the most modern Scientific Centers in Poland, for their practical classes. It helps them in developing their professional competencies and skills. The IEU, Poland lecturers have extensive professional experience in training new specialists and use modern methods of teaching to allow International European University, Poland students to become professionals in their fields of science. The International European University, Poland collaborates with famous institutions in Poland and abroad to gain new knowledge and experience. Studio courses at the IEU, Poland are a key component of the Environmental Design program. Mentioned courses involve hands-on design projects allowing students to apply the knowledge and skills they have learned in their other courses. Students work in groups or individually to design and plan buildings, public spaces, parks, or other outdoor environments.
After graduating students are able:
- To look beyond the single object, moment, page, or place to see how they collectively make an impact;
- To work equally well at small scale (furniture and lighting, retail kiosks, and exhibit design) as well as large scale (planning urban projects, parks, and hotels);
- To feel comfortable with time/space/planar relationships;
- To participate and lead in any area of the design process;
- To initiate and direct research, ideation, and the design development process;
- To understand how to deliver the message/story and content that drives a project;
- To have a careful balance between skill sets and conceptual abilities;
- To have a clear understanding of how one empowers the other;
- To have a rich foundation in materials and building balanced with a strong and articulate ability to research, form conclusions and build a strong Design Story;
- To choose their focus/career trajectory, based on their voice;
- To launch their studios a few short years after graduation;
- To participate and contribute in many different fields of design;
- To understand non-linear design strategy, material as motivation, and physical outcomes;
- To understand the histories and theories of environmental, urban, architectural, and landscape design, planning, and policy;
- To become accomplished in various modes of graphic and technical communication and representation.
Students who pursue the Environmental Design degree learn core knowledge of design and construction disciplines and business practices related to human-designed environments, including awareness of national and global perspectives. Exposure to national and global environmental design issues, focus on interdisciplinary concepts, hybrid practices, and sustainability are key aspects of the curriculum. The International European University, Poland curriculum covers a comprehensive range of subjects. The major subjects (or modules) are:
- Environmental Design Theory and Principles;
- Environmental Science and Ecology;
- Sustainable Design Strategies;
- Environmental Psychology;
- Sustainable Building Materials and Methods;
- Life Cycle Assessment and Analysis;
- Green Building Certifications;
- Renewable Energy Systems;
- Water Conservation and Management;
- Energy-Efficient Design and Technologies;
- Indoor Environmental Quality;
- Building Information Modeling (BIM);
- Environmental Systems Analysis;
- Sustainable Site Planning and Design;
- Environmental Impact Assessment;
- Environmental Law and Regulations;
- Health and Safety Regulations;
- Building Code Compliance;
- Accessible Design and Universal Design;
- Environmental Risk Assessment and Management;
- Environmental Remediation and Restoration;
- Sustainable Product Design;
- Design Thinking and Innovation;
- Sketching and Rendering Techniques;
- 3D Modeling and Visualization;
- Material Science;
- Product Design and Manufacturing;
- Product Testing and Evaluation;
- Marketing and Consumer Behavior;
- Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Business Management and Strategy;
- Leadership and Communication Skills;
- Project Management;
- Environmental Design Research and Analysis;
- Environmental Design Internship;
- Environmental Design Portfolio Development;
- Thesis Preparation and Presentation;
- Design Ethics and Standards.
After completing the professional education program of the specialty «Environmental Design» in IEU, Poland a specialist can perform professional work as:
- Environmental Designer;
- Sustainability Consultant;
- Urban Planner;
- Landscape Architect;
- Interior Designer;
- Green Building Consultant;
- Energy Auditor;
- Environmental Engineer;
- Sustainable Building Designer;
- Environmental Scientist;
- Environmental Policy Analyst;
- Climate Change Analyst;
- Renewable Energy Specialist;
- Sustainable Transportation Planner;
- Sustainable Product Designer;
- Sustainable Packaging Designer;
- Building Information Modeler (BIM);
- Environmental Risk Assessor;
- Sustainable Business Consultant;
- Materials Researcher;
- Environmental Educator;
- Environmental Impact Assessor;
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer;
- Conservation Biologist;
- Ecological Landscape Designer;
- Restoration Ecologist;
- Urban Forester;
- Environmental Journalist;
- Sustainable Agriculture Specialist;
- Water Resource Manager;
- Green Infrastructure Designer;
- Environmental Graphic Designer;
- Sustainable Tourism Consultant;
- Sustainable Supply Chain Manager;
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Specialist;
- Circular Economy Specialist;
- Environmental Planner;
- Zero Waste Consultant;
- Sustainable Packaging Manager;
- Waste Management Specialist.
Why Obtain an Environmental Design Degree in Europe?
If you’re looking to study Environmental Design in Europe, the International European University in Poland is an excellent option for international students. International European University, Poland Architecture and Engineering School are consistently ranked among the TOP-10 Architecture Schools in Europe, and the quality of education is top-notch. Studying Environmental Design at IEU, Poland offers a fantastic opportunity to obtain a high-quality degree from one of the best universities in the EU.
IEU, Poland international students gain access to award-winning teaching methods and internationally recognized qualifications used worldwide. Pursuing a degree in Environmental Design from the International European University, Poland involves studying how to design sustainable and eco-friendly spaces and structures that minimize their impact on the environment. By studying Environmental Design at the IEU, Poland students can study designing spaces and structures that are sustainable, energy-efficient, and eco-friendly.
Career Perspectives in Europe
Pursuing an Environmental Design Degree at the International European University, Poland can prepare you for various career opportunities in the public and private sectors, such as architecture firms, engineering firms, urban planning agencies, environmental consulting firms, or they may choose to start their businesses. A Degree in Environmental Design from the International European University, Poland can also increase students earning potential and help them stand out in the job market.
Application Process for Environmental Design Degree in Europe
The application process for an Environmental Design degree at International European University in Poland is easy and fast compared to other European Architecture universities. International students are provided with full support while collecting the necessary documents, submitting their application, and obtaining the Student Visa.
Rich Cultural Experience in Europe
International students of IEU, Poland are always amazed by Polish culture rich in history and tradition. Country discovery is always an eye-opening experience for students who have never left their home country before. Students have the opportunity to travel around Europe during their time abroad, which allows them to see how other cultures live and what they value most about life. Obtaining an Environmental Design abroad offers some unforgettable experiences students will never forget! For example: visiting museums or historical sites; tasting new foods from around the world; learning how people celebrate holidays differently; meeting new friends from all over the world who share similar interests, and many more!