About Electrical and Electronic Engineering Course
The degree course of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering specialty is provided at the first (Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering) and Second (Master of Electrical and Electronic Engineering) levels of higher education. International European University in Poland uses a new approach to learning Electrical and Electronic Engineering that consists of using modern technologies combined with European studying traditions. Electrical power and systems are at the heart of modern society. Engineers specializing in these fields have transformed the 21st century with technologies such as universal electric power systems, television, radio, and medical imaging to name just a few examples. Education at the Electrical and Electronic Engineering course at the International European University, Poland is the opportunity to gain invaluable knowledge and skills in the field of Engineering.
The subject is interdisciplinary by nature, with strong elements of electromagnetics, power electronics and electronics, materials engineering, electric machine design, automatic control, real-time systems, industrial automation, and electrical measurements. The Electrical and Electronic Engineering course at the IEU, Poland is linked to industrial automation dealing with research problems on a more general system level. Automation is essential in all industries. It is utilized in monitoring and controlling industrial processes, energy management, and process lines. In addition to industry, automation is also used in many everyday applications. Expertise fields of automation technology include different measurements, control technologies, and modern systems such as programmable controllers, PC-control rooms, and distributable automation systems.
Name of the specialty – Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Level of Higher Education – First (Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering) and Second (Master of Electrical and Electronic Engineering) level;
The list of specializations and educational programs – Power Systems Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Communications Engineering, Microelectronics and Nanotechnology, Computer Engineering, and Biomedical Engineering.
The total amount of credits from the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System — 240 credits;
The duration of studying – 4 years of full-time studying (Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering) and 2 years of full-time studying (Master of Electrical and Electronic Engineering).
During the studying process at the IEU, Poland students need to do more and be more by giving them a lot of opportunities to obtain new knowledge and skills. International European University, Poland uses its educational platform for European Studying Plans and modern technical equipment. It helps International European University, Poland students quickly and easily learn new information required in their work process. IEU, Poland’s renowned classrooms and reading rooms, a library with thousands of books and scientific journals, and a digital library with access to electronic resources are freely accessible to International European University, Poland students and staff at any time they need it. Students can attend the lectures of famous specialists in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, who can help them to become more confident and do their job professionally. International European University, Poland’s goal is to ensure a good future for their young students and to make them high-level professionals with their thoughts and opinions.
Laboratory work is an essential component of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering program at the IEU, Poland. Students work with specialized equipment and software to design and test circuits, systems, and devices. These hands-on experiences help students to develop practical skills and to apply their theoretical knowledge in a real-world setting.The Electrical and Electronic Engineering program at the IEU, Poland includes projects and internships as part of the educational process. These opportunities allow students to work on real-world problems and to gain experience working in the field. The IEU, Poland students have the opportunity to network with professionals and explore career options.
The capstone project is the culmination of the educational process in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering program at the IEU, Poland.
After graduating students are able:
- To acquire, demonstrate and apply advanced knowledge in the area of Electrical and Electronic Engineering;
- To base analysis, problem-solving, and design on core advanced Electrical and Electronic Engineering theory;
- To identify problems in the field of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, formulate them, and solve them by using advanced techniques;
- To apply various numerical methods, advanced software, and engineering tools to model, analyze and solve Electrical and Electronic engineering problems;
- To demonstrate traits of management in handling engineering projects, and related finance, and coordinate with the workforce towards achieving goals;
- To examine critically the outcomes of one’s actions and make corrective measures subsequently;
- To conduct independent research and generate new knowledge for the benefit of the community, society, industry, and country;
- To work effectively in interdisciplinary teams for solving real-life problems in the related field;
- To design reliable systems, devices, or processes from initial specifications to a deliverable system;
- To appreciate the complexities of professional environments, including taking responsibility for oneself, working effectively and professionally as a team member, and being mindful of ethical, economic, and contemporary concerns;
- To take the initiative for one’s professional development and recognition of the need and ability in engaging in post-graduate education and lifelong continual learning;
- To independently accomplish engineering tasks;
- To enter the industry with the engineering techniques, skills, and tools required to be able to solve real-world problems in electrical and electronic engineering;
- To apply written, oral and graphical communication in broadly defined technical and non-technical environments; and to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- To conduct standard tests and measurements, and to conduct, analyze and interpret the results;
- To demonstrate leadership skills in the workplace, function professionally in a globally competitive world, and communicate engineering results effectively;
- To know how to download/Install/Troubleshoot/Use common software tools such as Schematic Capture, Circuit Simulator, General Utilities, Open Office Suite, and Program updates;
- To identify, locate, use, and specify the key parameters for the essential passive and active electronic components;
- To identify, locate, use, and specify the key parameters for the essential Analog and Digital Integrated Circuit Functions;
- To understand how to use and employ appropriate basic electronic test equipment types related to Measurement, Signal Generation, Oscilloscope, power supply, and performance;
- To perform Manual and Automated Tests of prototypes of circuit blocks for performance;
- To demonstrate soft skills and qualities necessary for participation in an entry-level position in Electronics;
The curriculum covers a comprehensive range of subjects. The major subjects (or modules) are:
- Principles of Electronics;
- CAD and Communication in Engineering Practice;
- Electronics Design;
- Engineering Mathematics;
- Fundamentals of Engineering Materials;
- Fundamental Engineering Mechanics;
- Fluid Mechanics & Thermodynamics;
- Design & Computing in Engineering Practice;
- Process Engineering;
- Electric Circuit Analysis;
- Electronic Circuit Analysis;
- Digital Logic Design;
- Signals and Systems;
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves;
- Power Systems Analysis;
- Power Electronics;
- Control Systems Engineering;
- Communication Systems;
- Analog and Digital Communication;
- Antenna and Wave Propagation;
- Microwave Engineering;
- Optics and Photonics;
- Semiconductor Devices and Circuits;
- VLSI Design and Testing;
- Embedded Systems;
- Robotics and Automation;
- Computer Networks;
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning;
- Renewable Energy Systems;
- Electric Machines and Drives;
- Wireless Communication;
- Microwave Integrated Circuits;
- Data Structures and Algorithms;
- Operating Systems;
- Programming in C, C++, or Python;
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers;
- Digital Signal Processing;
- Image Processing and Computer Vision;
- Engineering Ethics and Professional Practices.
A degree in electrical and electronic engineering can help open the door to a range of careers. After completing the professional education program of the specialty «Electrical and Electronic Engineering» in IEU, Poland a specialist can perform professional work as:
- Electrical Engineer;
- Electronic Engineer;
- Power Systems Engineer;
- Control Systems Engineer;
- Communications Engineer;
- RF Engineer;
- Systems Engineer;
- Process Control Engineer;
- Automation Engineer;
- Instrumentation Engineer;
- Manufacturing Engineer;
- Test Engineer;
- Design Engineer;
- Project Engineer;
- Field Service Engineer;
- Technical Sales Engineer;
- Product Manager;
- Business Development Manager;
- Operations Manager;
- Research and Development Engineer;
- Aerospace Engineer;
- Automotive Engineer;
- Renewable Energy Engineer;
- Marine Engineer;
- Robotics Engineer;
- Biomedical Engineer;
- Computer Hardware Engineer;
- Software Engineer;
- Data Analyst;
- Network Administrator;
- Cybersecurity Specialist;
- Systems Administrator;
- IT Project Manager;
- Technical Writer;
- Patent Attorney;
- Engineering Manager;
- Professor or Research Scientist;
- Government Service.
Why Obtain an Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree in Europe?
If you’re looking to study Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Europe, the International European University in Poland is an excellent option for international students. International European University, Poland Architecture and Engineering School is consistently ranked among the TOP-10 Engineering Schools in Europe, and the quality of education is top-notch. Studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree at IEU, Poland offers a fantastic opportunity to obtain a high-quality degree from one of the best universities in the EU.
IEU, Poland international students gain access to award-winning teaching methods and internationally recognized qualifications used worldwide. Pursuing a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the International European University, Poland involves designing and developing electrical systems such as power generators, transmission lines, and distribution networks. By studying Electrical and Electronic Engineering at the IEU, Poland students can learn how to design and develop safe and efficient electrical systems that meet the needs of society.
Career Perspectives in Europe
Pursuing an Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree at the International European University, Poland can prepare you for various career opportunities in the public and private sectors, such as Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Renewable Energy Engineering, or Telecommunications Engineering. A Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the International European University, Poland increases students earning potential and helps them stand out in the job market.
Application Process for Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Europe
The application process for an Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree at International European University in Poland is easy and fast compared to other European Engineering universities. International students are provided with full support while collecting the necessary documents, submitting their application, and obtaining the Student Visa.
Rich Cultural Experience in Europe
International students of IEU, Poland are always amazed by Polish culture rich in history and tradition. Country discovery is always an eye-opening experience for students who have never left their home country before. Students can travel around Europe during their time abroad, allowing them to see how other cultures live and what they value most about life. Obtaining an Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree abroad offers some unforgettable experiences students will never forget! For example: visiting museums or historical sites; tasting new foods from around the world; learning how people celebrate holidays differently; meeting new friends from all over the world who share similar interests, and many more!