All Clinical Departments of the International European University in Poland located in the leading institutions of the regional center. They took the status of the clinical department according to the order of the Ministry of Health and the order of the Regional Administration.
International European University has a huge base of clinics where the students will be able to gain experience with patients.
- Poznan main regional hospital
- Spital SREDZKI
- Hospital of St. Adalbert;
- General Surgery Clinic: Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition Clinic in Home Conditions
- Skin Cancer Diagnostics and Treatment Center;
- Clinical Hospital Heliodor Święcicki at the Medical University of Karol Marcinkowski in Poznań;
- Transplantation Сlinic of Poznan;
- Oncology Clinic of Poznan;
- Orthopedic Surgery Clinic in Poznan;
- Hearing Rehabilitation Center;
- Anesthesiology clinic in Poznan;
- Clinical Hospital Heliodor Święcicki;
- Municipal Hospital of them. Franciszek Raszeja;
- St. Lazarus Hospital Poznań;
- PL Certus — Hospital and Outpatient Clinic;
- Multidisciplinary City Hospital with the Care and Treatment Institute;
- Hospital St. Families;
- Mackiewicz Hospital;
- Specialist Clinical Hospital of the Medical University;
- Independent Public Healthcare Center of the Ministry of Interior and Administration prof. Ludwik Bierkowski;
- Hospital and Clinic Medica Celsus;
- Department of Cardiac Surgery and Transplantation;
- W. Dega Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Clinical Hospital;
- HCP Medical Center, Diagnostic and Treatment Department;
- Wielkopolskie Center of Pulmonology and Thoracic Surgery Eugenia and Janusz Zeyland;
- Gynecological and Obstetric Hospital of Poznan;
- Rehabilitation Hospital for Children;
- Department of Infectious Diseases and Neurology, Pediatric VIII;
- Medical Clinic of the Union of War Invalids of the Republic of Poland. Śródmieście branch;
- Specialist Mother and Child Healthcare Clinic;
- Intermedica Ophthalmology Clinic and Infertility Treatment Clinic.
Clinical facilities of International European University are equipped with such modern equipment as CT, stationary pressure chamber, biochemistry analyzer, apparatus for extracorporeal detoxification, mechanical ventilation of lungs, cardio monitors, radiological and endoscopic equipment, ultrasonic diagnosis apparatus, a vehicle of artificial kidney and other. The teaching staff of the Institute uses the latest ultrasonic diagnostic apparatus, encephalography, Doppler, biochemical, clinical, ELISA cardiotocograph analyzers, and many other devices.
Collectives of the clinical developed and enforced some regional programs. These aim to improve the diagnosis and treatment, prevent the disease, and reduce harm. Among the regional programs are: «Antihepatitis», which helps to better diagnose and treat acute and chronic hepatitis of viral etiology. «Prevention of Cerebrovascular diseases» according to the etiology and risk factors is studied, and measures for prevention of stroke and rehabilitation patients are developing. Teachers take part in the implementation of state and regional programs, such as «Health», «Children of Poland», «Oncology», «Diabetes», «The Programme of Prevention and Treatment of Hypertension», etc.
The clinic or work plans of the International European University is to open regional diagnostic and treatment centers: hematological (clinical infectious diseases), cerebrovascular disease (Neurology Clinic), gastrointestinal bleeding and diabetic foot (surgery and hospital care), psychosomatic disorders (Clinic of Psychiatry) and others.
Professors and associate professors of International European University conduct the clinical rounds of patients, counseling techniques in clinics, and review patients in almost all hospitals in Poznan. Assistant and clinical residents treat patients in departments and make night duty.
Surgeons performed complex and sometimes unique surgery on surgical and oncological diseases. In Poznan for the first time region were put into practice such complex surgeries as disemboweling of the pelvic, pancreas-duodenal resection for cancer of the pancreas, lymph drainage of the thoracic duct and umbilical vein for chemotherapy, removing tumors of the anterior abdominal wall defect with plastic skin-muscle on the vascular pedicle flap, resection of the lower lip with resection of the mandible and skin-grafting of the defect in the muscle flap vascular pedicle, shoulder-blade amputation, removal of tumors of the mediastinum sternal access lung removal and hemopericardium removal, parasternal lymphadenectomy about breast cancer, removal of extra-abdominal desmoids of the neck, flap and the plastic arts of ectodermal layer and alloplastic nylon wall on the complex recurrent postoperative ventral hernias, organ keeping surgery for splenic injuries, right-side and left-side hemihepatectomy, in intestinal-mesentery applique for acute and chronic adhesive disease with the syndrome of acute intestinal obstruction.
The use of sodium hypochlorite solution of various concentrations in patients with purulent infections was introduced in the clinic. For the first time in the region, the Otolaryngology Clinic introduced endoscopic methods of diagnosis and manipulation of diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses.
Methodologies of treatment of patients are improved on the disease of thyroid depending on immune status and others.
The level of emergency and urgent care to patients in Poznan significantly increased which involves professors and associate professors becoming better. The question of visits the patient by doctors and consultants staff departments of the Medical institute is under constant control of the management of health care.
Every year over 100 new methodologies are inculcated in the medical diagnostic process of teaching students of International European University in Poland and help to improve the effectiveness of treatment and diagnostics.
A great deal of work is making visits to regional health care facilities, review of medical records, working in consulting and appraisal committees, taking part in the work of the College of Health Department, etc.
Such work of scientific and medical societies becomes more effective and interesting: infectious disease specialists, pediatricians, surgeons, internists, neurologists, and obstetricians, where the heads are teachers of the European Medical School in IEU. More often regional research and practice conferences began to be conducted with editions of theses.
The faculty of Clinical Departments of International European University execute a large amount of health care during the summer practical training. Each year over 20 teachers are involved in this work. Poznan Clinical Hospitals are the base summer practical training. The highly skilled specialists are managers of these bases. The programs of practices for students of all courses in all disciplines, uniform diary of practices, and continuous application of practical skills are developed. The students show during the practice reveal qualitative theory, deontological knowledge, and skills for their practical implementation.
Making a great part of health care and treatment work, European Medical School in the International European University does not stop there, not complacency, but rather trying to find new forms to improve the efficiency of treatment, diagnosis, and prevention of diseases.